Sunday, February 22, 2009

Awkward

It takes a lot to make me feel awkward, but one lady managed to in about 15 seconds. She sits down in my chair and says, "Make me look hot! I've got a big date with my "lover" tonight". Okay, so color, cut, style? "Everything, my husband doesn't like when I change my hair, but my "lover" does." Oh god, why did I even ask. She then goes on to explain that she has been married for 12 years and has 2 sons. She has been with "this" lover for 2 years. Yes, "this" lover there has been previous ones and there will be more, I was assured. Thanks, I was worried. Oh, and one of her sons might not be her husbands but a "lovers", whom he is named after. Okay, so I am not asking any questions about her personal life, but trying to change the subject to her hair or the weather or anything else that does not require her to use the word "lover" anymore. I put the foils in her hair, set the timer, and walk away because I need a break. I come back to wash out her hair and start to cut. She asks me if I have a boyfriend and so on. I tell her yes and she then tells me I should cheat on him. I am shocked and before I can say anything else, she tells me where her and her "lover" meet, go to dinner, shop, and everything else. I turn on the blow dryer. She talks louder. I style her, ring her up, and hoped I would never see her again. I charged her extra because I felt like a therapist and it made me feel better for putting up with her. Thank god I graduated a month later and did not tell school what salon I worked at in case she tried to find me. Honestly, what if I would of known her husband or her "lover". It was like she was proud of what she was doing and didn't care if she got caught. I don't get why she would tell all of this to me, a complete stranger who could of been related to a "lover", I knew her last name and could of told her husband (who is probably just as insane since he married her) or maybe she was just crazy.
This is why I am the...tHAIRpist

3 comments:

Liz Johnston said...

bahaha that's hillarious! wow what a freakn weirdo. Why the hell would she tell you all this? That would have been awesome if you knew her husband and you were like, "Yeah, your husband is my dad's best friend" or something like that. OMG I would've loved to see her face! Too funny

ML said...

Not sure if my last comment worked so I'll try again. I agree with Liz above and I know how you feel being I'm a bartender. Only difference is atleast the people are drunk when they tell me that sort of nonsense.

Morgan said...

All I have to say is HOLY SHIT!!!!! What a weirdo! It's one thing to cheat on your husband....with many people, and keep it a secret. It's a completely different story when you tell the details to your tHAIRapist. Wow, I hope this never happens to you again! Good luck!